www.amexgiftcard.com – American Express Gift Cards Activation
American Express Gift Cards Activation
American Express Gift cardholders, who have received their cards, need to activate it for the first time use. They can initiate the activation process by visiting the Amex Gift Card official website at www.amexgiftcard.com. The website is safe and secure to access. Apart from activation, the users can check the remaining balance of the card; manage the card account online, view the list of transactions and many more.
The Amex Gift Cards are issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation and can be used virtually everywhere American Express Cards are accepted in the United States. The cards cannot be used at ATM’s and for recurring billing.
To Activate your Amex Gift Card
Several ways are available for the Amex Gift Card members to activate their cards. The online and the telephone activation options are most convenient and fastest among them to complete the procedure. A brief guideline of those two activation processes is provided here for your help.
To activate online
For activating your Amex Gift Card online, keep the card near at your hand and follow the steps listed below:
- Go to the Amex Gift Card homepage at www.amexgiftcard.com and click the “Check balance” option located at the top right side of the page.
- Or, you can directly go to www.balance.amexgiftcard.com
- You will be entered into the ‘Sign in to manage and activate your card’ page with a Sign In tab at the left side on it.
- Enter the 15 digits card number without space from your Amex Gift Card.
- Type the expiration date from the card.
- Then enter the 4-digit security code. Click the near question mark sign to get the exact location of the code on your card.
- Click “Sign In” button after filling all the information properly.
Your Amex Gift Card is automatically activated once you will be successfully logged into your account.
To activate by telephone
If the internet access is not available to you or having some problem or you just don’t want to use online, you can go for the telephone option for your Amex Gift Card activation process. You can see the toll free customer service number on the back of your card. Call the number and speak with a Customer Service Representative who will instruct you or you will go through the automated phone service for activating your gift card.
To check your Amex Gift Card balance
After you successfully activate your American Express Gift card and signed in to your account, continue to use the online service and go to the balance check option. Access the available features including checking your recent purchases, remaining balance, and others.
American Express Gift Card Features
- Amex Gift Cards are available in two forms- personal ( for family and friends) and business (for groups, clients or customers)
- The card values range from $25 to $3000
- Select the gift card design from over 20 different themes.
- No fees after purchase
- Funds of the card never expire
- The cards can be replaced if lost or stolen
- Can include a custom message along with your gift
- Can be used online and in-store that accept American Express Gift Cards
For all the inquiries regarding your American Express Gift Cards, call the customer care at 1-888-846-4308.