Step by Step guide for LiteBlue USPS Login at liteblue.usps.gov
LiteBlue USPS Login
USPS Liteblue is an online platform developed for all employees of the United States Postal Service (USPS). The portal grants whole access to USPS employees to the USPS private online intranet network. The U.S. Postal Services workers can view various latest company news and information using this Liteblue gateway.
USPS LiteBlue online portal is developed to help the employees manage & monitor their benefits & career development and the platform also keeps you connected with the policies that directly affect your job.
Through the Liteblue portal, as a United States Postal Service staff you can view your current benefit plans & insurance status, upcoming working schedules, bidding for assignments/routes, track your company pension & retirement plan, leave feedback, and much more. Presently, the USPS LiteBlue portal offers services in different languages like English, Spanish & simple Chinese.
LiteBlue USPS Login Process Online
As a new USPS employee if you wish to Sign In for the LiteBlue United States Postal Services (USPS) LiteBlue web portal, you will be required to follow the below guidelines:
- Firstly, visit the USPS LiteBlue Employees Portal website.
- Or, else directly tap on the link provided at liteblue.usps.gov.
- Here on the landing web page, you can find 2 (two) fields marked “Employee ID” and “USPS Password” just put down your USPS Employee ID in the 1st field and then enter your USPS Self Service Password in the 2nd field, please make sure to avoid typing errors.
- And lastly, by tapping on the “Sign In” tab below, easily gain access to your USPS LiteBlue Employees Portal account.
Please Note: Your United States Postal Service (USPS) Employee Identification (ID) is an 8 (eight) digit number, which you can easily find at the top of your USPS earnings statement. And your USPS self-service password is a password that is used to access your self-service LiteBlue web applications.
How to Set Up your USPS Self Service Profile Account for the LiteBlue USPS Portal
If you have joined the United States Postal Services as an employee, then you will require to set up a Self Service Profile (SSP) password temporarily, then you can access the LiteBlue portal system.
As an employee using the USPS’s Self Service Profile (SSP) online platform, you can easily manage your Sign-In credentials for all United States Postal Services (USPS) Self Service web applications, such as LiteBlue, EIdeas, eOPF, PostalEASE, and reassign, etc.
If you wish to Setup your United States Postal Services (USPS) Self Service Profile (SSP) Account for the LiteBlue USPS Portal, then follow the underneath instructions:
- Move on to the Sign In the web page of the United States Postal Services (USPS) LiteBlue Portal Account.
- Here you will require to press the “Set up SSP Account” link, just below the Sign In tab.
- Now being deferred on the next page, tap on the “Enter SSP”
- Again on another page, under the “Sign In to SSP” heading, put down your “USPS Employee ID” and “USPS Password”.
- Then by tapping on the “Sign In” button below, you will require to follow the on-screen guidelines to Set Up your USPS SSP Account.
Please Note: After joining as an employee of the United States Postal Services (USPS), you will receive a letter along with your “Temporary SSP Password” in the mail, within approx 10 to 14 business days. The password mentioned in the letter is a Temporary SSP Password that can’t be used to Sign In to LiteBlue USPS or any other HR Self Service online apps.
So, you will require firstly, to visit the USPS LiteBlue official platform and change your temporary password to a USPS permanent password. Now you can easily Sign In with your USPS Employee credentials.
How to Reset your forgotten LiteBlue USPS Portal Account Password
If you wish to reset your forgotten or lost Password for the LiteBlue USPS Portal Employees Account, please follow the instructions below:
- Move on to the login webpage of the LiteBlue United States Postal Services (USPS) Portal Account and tap on the “Password Recovery” link below the Sign In tab.
- Here on another webpage, you will require to put down your “Employee ID”.
- And later on, tap on the “Verify Employee ID” tab below and follow the guidelines on-screen to reset your forgotten LiteBlue USPS Portal Account Password.
Please Note: In this Self Service Profile webpage you can easily Create your Self Service Profile, Update your Self Service Password, Update your PIN, Add or change an E-mail Address, Add or Edit Security Questions, etc.
Features of LiteBlue Online Services
The LiteBlue.USPS.gov service is an internet platform that is used by thousands of United States Postal Services (USPS) employees to access their daily work orientation and many more. Presently, this LiteBlue Log In application is handling more than 6,00,000 employees, of U.S. Postal Services.
The application is filled with extensive & numerous features for all users to access, some of them are stated below:
- The USPS services are envisioned to offer the employees an opportunity to access their work schedule and details regarding their work regularly.
- Access the employee benefits of the United States Postal Services (USPS).
- The LiteBlue login portal currently handles work and related activities of about 6,00,000 employees’ data and accounts.
- The portal conveys the company’s hierarchical orders from the higher authorities to the lower ones.
- Being the largest network across the whole country, the best thing is that the USPS LiteBlue portal supports multi-language services like English, Spanish & simple Chinese.
United States Postal Services (Headquarter Address)
475 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington,
DC 20260, United States
Contact the USPS HR Shared Service Center (HRSSC) (Call): 1 -877 -477 -3273 (Press Option 5)
For USPS HR TTY Services (Call): 1 -866 -260 -7507
For USPS Cyber Safe Guide (Call): 1 -866 -877 -7247
USPS Customer Care Services (Call): 1 -800 –ASK –USPS (1 -800 -275 -8777) (Timings are Monday to Friday 8 am to 8:30 pm ET, Saturday 8 am to 6 pm, ET)
For USPS Technical Support (Call): 1 -800 -344 -7779 (Timings are Monday to Friday 8 am to 8:30 pm ET, Saturday 8 am to 6 pm, ET)
For more support, please visit: www.usps.com/help/contact-us
USPS Official Website: www.usps.com