www.capitalone.com/activate – Activate Capital One Credit Card
Activate Capital One Credit Card Online
The Capital One customers, who have received their new Credit Card recently in the mail, can activate it easily by signing into their existing Capital One Online Account. And if they are new consumers and not registered for the online access, they need to enroll for the service and create an online account for their Capital One Credit Card activation.
To do all those activities over the web, the consumers are offered a safe and secure Sign-In website provided by Capital One. The users can access the site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from a stable internet connected device like computers, tablets, smartphones etc. at their convenience for activating their newly arrived card to start using or setting up online access to view, manage and take advantage of all other tools of their online account anytime anywhere as they want.
Sign in to Activate your Capital One Credit Card
In order to activate the newly arrived credit card, the cardholders need to sign in to Capital One online banking. After entering their online account they can activate the card by navigating to the Activation Page. Before proceeding to card activation, make sure your new card is linked to the existing account. Otherwise, the new card will not show up in the activation page.
To initiate the activation process, the Capital One members who have already been enrolled for online banking have their new Capital One Credit Card handy; the 3-digit security code will be needed to activate the card. And then you can follow the steps listed below:
- Visit Capital One Credit Card Activation page at www.capitalone.com/activate
- Click on the first green “Sign In” button from the left-hand side of the web page.
- Enter the username and password associated with the Capital One Online Banking Account.
- Check the box of “Remember Me” to store the username on the device you are currently using and speed up the future login. (Utilizing the feature is not recommended if you are on the public or shared device)
- Click the green “Sign In” button to proceed.
After entering into your account and verifying the required information, your new card is still not displaying, you need to contact the number printed on the bottom of the letter attached with your new Capital One credit card that you got via mail.
Authorized Users cannot activate their cards online. All of the cards of the Authorized Users will be activated at the time when the primary card associated with the account is activated. Only the primary account holder can activate the authorized users’ credit cards. Even if any replacement or additional cards will be issued later, those will also need to be activated by the primary cardholder.
Forgot Username or Password
The existing Capital One Online Banking users, who are not able to recall their login credentials, can retrieve their Username and reset the Password. To start the recovery procedure, you need to click the “Forgot Username or Password” link and enter some of the basic information about yourself (listed below) to verify your identity.
- Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
Capital One Card Online Enrollment
To activate the new credit card, the Capital One consumers must be enrolled in Online Banking. So, the new cardholders not having a Capital One Online Account can start the enrollment process for the online access from both the Capital One Credit Card activation and sign-in page. To get started, you can follow the short guide provided here:
- Go to www.capitalone.com/activate and click the second green “Enroll Here” button from the middle right-hand side of the page.
- Or, you can click the “Set Up Online Access” link near the bottom of the ‘Sign-In’
- Entering the Capital One Enrollment page, type your last name in the first field.
- Enter your Social Security Number/ITIN or Bank Account Number in the next field.
- Lastly, enter your Date of Birth.
- Click the “Find Me” button to locate your identity in Capital One system.
Move forward by following the on-screen instruction and set up your online account by providing the necessary information and creating the login credentials: username, password.
To activate the Capital One Credit Card by phone, you can call at 1-888-655-5646.
General Correspondence Mailing Address:
PO Box 30285
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0285